While we're paid by the hour, our goal is still to get you and your worldly possessions from point A to point B as quickly and painlessly as possible. The following helpful moving tips are meant to guide you in preparing for your move.
- Keep large flat items unboxed - large picture frames, mirrors, paintings, glass table tops, etc. They don't typically fit well in boxes and we have systems in place to keep them safe
- Have you considered renting boxes? We've partnered with BungoBox Vancouver, and any materials rented through Guys & Dollies is subject to a 10% discount!!
- Otherwise, Liquor stores are an excellent resource for boxes - stroll down to your nearest liquor store or cold beer and wine and ask the clerk if they have any extra wine/liquor boxes they'd be willing to part with
- Before filling any boxes, be sure the bottom is secure - a strip of packing tape along the seam will get the job done
- Pack clothes in your luggage if you don't have a wardrobe box. Anything that doesn't fit, don't fret - we have an ancient moving trick called The Taco that will ensure your wardrobe arrives in fine shape
- Don't forget about your storage unit! If you have anything down in storage let us know when we get there so we can have a look and incorporate that into our Tetris plan
- Boxes used to transport your possessions can be used as a makeshift table once the move is done, because you're going to be hungry and your actual table may well be buried in a corner!